At Cullinan, our team is comprised of dedicated individuals who become personally involved in every phase of each project. We are searching for entrepreneurial professionals who share our passion for top-performing properties.
Why Cullinan Properties?
At Cullinan Properties, we recognize that our team drives our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and energetic work environment while setting the stage for your continued success. We search for entrepreneurial professionals who become personally involved in every phase of each project.
- Meaningful Work – work closely with clients and communities to develop properties – creating jobs, fueling local economies and contributing to quality of life
- Changing the Game – evolving, fast paced environment with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders – social opportunities with local charity organizations, including volunteer benefits
- Excellent Benefit Package – generous PTO, 401(k) company match, bonus opportunities, continuing education reimbursement, competitive employee health insurance package including a wellness program & more
Chief Financial Officer and Investor Relations
Cullinan Properties is seeking a results-oriented Chief Financial Officer to develop and oversee all fiscal activity including accounting functions and reporting, tax compliance and planning, insurance and risk management, investor relations and fundraising, and management of department staff. Plan and forecast the overall financial vision for the company to ensure productive financial operations and drive strategies that grow the investor base through direct investor outreach, sales and marketing initiatives. The position will be based in our Peoria, IL or Chicago, IL office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred), Finance or related field. MBA a plus;
- Professional accounting designation, such as CMA or CPA;
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior accounting/financial managerial position;
- Must have strong technical skills including in accrual accounting, tax compliance and insurance/risk management;
- Proven self-performing experience in raising investor funds;
- Proficiency in MS Office and accounting software such as MRI or Yardi;
- Exceptional organizational, communication and presentation skills;
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker, planner and visionary;
- Travel required;
- Experience in working with multiple entities and real estate development, property management or construction is preferred.
- Develop strong working relationships with other senior managers to accomplish key objectives including annual plan and long-range goals;
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate department staff.
- Ensure integrity and veracity of existing financials on assets under consideration for acquisition, disposition, or partnership;
- Ensure that adequate internal controls are in place to safeguard company assets;
- Develop fiscal projections and make recommendations and decisions based on the results;
- Assist with annual audit of assigned properties;
- Development of cash flow management and monitoring system to ensure maximum income earning of company income while minimization of interest expense;
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls and financial statements to identify potential areas for improvement;
- Possess a working understanding of tax rules regarding fixed assets and partnerships;
- Recommend alternate approaches for reporting transactions to optimize income tax benefits;
- Provide interim projections of taxable income and distribution requirement for the current year;
- Primary responsibility for coordinating internal and external efforts to assure the timely completion of all federal, state and local tax filings and disseminations of partner k-1 information to respective parties.
- Identify and recommend alternate treatment(s) for transactions having potential state/local sales tax benefits on development projects.
- Lead Investor Relations and Fundraising efforts. Recommend, review, source, and participate in the development of equity and debt structures for assets and acquisitions.
- Partner with President of Acquisitions, CEO, CIO, Chairman and other team leaders to create and drive strategies that grow the investor base through direct investor outreach, sales and marketing initiatives.
- Liaison with Private Equity firms, Hedge Funds, High Net Worth Individuals, Real Estate Funds, Investment Banking Firms, and Institutional Investors to locate and introduce potential investors.
- Develop and maintain external relationships with key market participants, such as mortgage bankers, banks, private lenders, developers, operators and investors.
- Coordinate fundraising activities (presentations, conference calls, meetings, and marketing strategy).
- Prepare debt and or equity offering memorandums and investment presentations and correspond with General Counsel to generate necessary legal paperwork to bring in investment capital.
- Communicate with investors/partners regarding financial and/or tax disclosures
- Administer day-to-day activities of risk management program including collection and review of information needed for renewal of property, liability, umbrella, director & officers, flood, errors & omissions, crime, employment practices, work comp, fiduciary liability builder’s risk coverages;
- Identify property and liability risks and recommend methods to address, mitigate or transfer them;
- Review health insurance plan premium renewals and overall structure to balance employer/employee split of cost; Oversee life key person policies and approval of premium payments.
- Assist with development of budget revenue and capital expenditure projections;
- Assist Asset Management with the development of costs/expenditures;
- Coordinate with executive leadership, leasing, marketing, development and property management department heads to ensure adequate preparation and internal review of each individual property budget, Administrative budget and properties not directly owned by the Company.
- Act as company 401k administrator;
- Work alongside acquisitions department to generate new investment and/or development opportunities;
- Coordinate filing and ongoing compliance with various state and federal Woman Owned Business requirements;
- Continuously implement new technology that improves efficiency and accuracy of Accounting Department
Please submit your resume, 3-5 business references, and summary of investments raised for immediate consideration to email@example.com.
Construction Project Manager
Cullinan Properties seeks an experienced Construction Project Manager for the Streets of St. Charles, an over 1 million sf mixed-use development in St. Charles, MO, the Lofts at Euclid mixed-use development in the St. Louis Central West End and other St. Louis area opportunities. Position will be located in our St. Charles, MO office. A competitive salary and benefits package is offered. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction-related discipline
- LEED GA or BD+C Accreditation a plus
- 3-5 years of proven experience in construction management and/or development
- Expertise with Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project scheduling software is a plus
- Regional travel is expected
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to manage and prioritize deadlines with excellent time and project management skills
- Managing on-site construction activities, proformas and budgets
- Negotiating and implementing A/E, GC and Client contracts and change orders
- Managing project schedules
- Tenant and Landlord construction coordination
- Leasing/tenant coordination
- Municipality interface
- Coordinating project meetings
- Timely reporting of project status
Please e-mail your resume with detailed educational background, work experience, project examples and references to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration!
Company & Personal Driver
Cullinan Properties seeks a Company & Personal Driver in its East Peoria office. Position is one day per week and other hours as needed. Responsibilities include transporting employees, customers, other individuals and materials as directed within the Midwest states. Professional attitude and appearance is required. Must be detail oriented, able to work independently and have ability to quickly adapt to changes. Ideal candidate will have chauffer or courier experience, as well as a security background. Valid driver’s license with a good driving record required. To apply, e-mail resume to email@example.com.