Michael C. Owens, C.P.A.
Chief Investment Officer & President – Office & Medical Division
As Chief Investment Officer, Mike leads the investment activities of Cullinan Properties and ensures that the necessary capital stack is in place for all Cullinan projects from national, regional and local sources. During his time at Cullinan, Mike has been the point person on over $1 billion of construction, mini-perm and permanent financing. Mike also leads Cullinan Properties’ Office and Medical Division. Currently, Cullinan Properties’ portfolio has in excess of $200 million of medical facilities. Including previous projects completed, Cullinan has developed over $300 million of office and medical projects in the last 10 years. Included in the projects completed are:
- The largest Veterans Administration Outpatient Clinic in the country, located in Austin, TX and completed in February of 2013.
- A 50-bed Long Term Acute Care Hospital in Peoria, IL built for a joint venture of Methodist Medical Center of Illinois (now affiliated with Iowa Health System/Unity Point Health) and Rehab Care Group (subsequently acquired by Kindred Healthcare).
- One Technology Plaza, a mixed use development which incorporates a municipal owned 1,000+ car parking deck, retail and office in a CBD setting. The project involved the acquisition of multiple properties, and their demolition and construction of a building for four distinct, divergent stakeholders.
- Morton Commerce Park is a 100+ acre distribution and office park located along Interstate 74 near its intersection with Interstate 155.
- Glen Avenue Corporate and Medical Park which is a 20-acre infill project in north-central Peoria, IL consisting of 10 office and medical office buildings.